5 Simple Tips How to Manage Stress by Julia Kelle
5 simple tips to manage stress
Stress either positive or negative is an essential part of our life and I believe that all of us have our own ways of stress management. I’ve found my own healthy ways to manage the negative toxic stress and I’d love to share them with you.
I don’t invent the analogy of “Stress and a Glass of Water” but I like it very and sure that it’s the best to help us to understand the concept of a long toxic stress.If you hold the glass of water for a minute, it’s not a problem. If you hold it for an hour, you’ll have an ache in your arm. If you hold it for a day, your arm will feel numb, it may feel paralyzed or even “fall off”, lol. In each case, the weight of the water doesn’t change, but the longer it’s held, the heavier it feels. Absolute weight doesn’t matter really. It depends on how long you hold the glass of water.
Stress and anxiety are like the glass of water. Think about them for a short time and everything is fine. Think about them for a longer period of time and they begin to feel uncomfortable. And if you think about them all the time, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything or moving forward.
5 simple healthy tips ” to put the glass of water” down as soon as possible:
1. Smile and laugh – Our brain is connected with our emotions and facial expressions. When people are stressed, they often show the stress in their face. So smile and laugh can help relieve some of such tension an a face and improve the situation. The best fastest way for me to start smiling in a stressful situation is to think of somebody or something I love or text or chat the persons I love something that makes them happy; and the emotion of happiness will come back instantly on my face 🙂 But don’t let your stress or bad emotions to spread to others by chain reaction. Care of yourself and others and try to manage your stress yourself or at least with the help of a professional expert who you trust.
2. Try to find and eliminate the stress trigger. – It may seem difficult to get away from a work project or a growing bills. But anyway you can review your shopping cart or choose the easier solutions for your project etc.Also, be sure that you have the right persons around you and avoid people who stress you out.
3. Positive thinking . -If you cannot change situation and eliminate your stress trigger try to change your reaction and attitude to the stressful situation. For example, if you are in a snail-like heavy traffic look around and find something positive and interesting or think anything you like or concentrate on searching other fastest way to get to your place. Anyway try to help you to understand that such situation is at least not so bad or even may be much worse. Sense of humor could be really very helpful. Take care of your mind!
4. Exercise benefits – even a 20-minute walk, run, swim or dance in the midst of a stressful time can give an immediate effect that can last for several hours.
5. Recharge yourself from time to time – by relaxing, good sleep, healthy food rich in Potassium and Magnesium or any your recharging activity for you, for example, hobbies or chatting with people you love. The positive energy makes us stronger and helps to resist stressful situation without any damage to health.
I hope my experience will be helpful for you as well.
Design your life, and manage your stress before it manages you!