Healthy Hot Tomato Soup Recipe
Healthy and natural recipes for all family on Mamafeed.com. Vegan and vegetarian friendly!
Why eat a tomato soup? Sure, since it’s very delicious 🙂
Also, with a tomato soup you get at least 3 main benefits for your health:
1. Rich in lycopene – tomatoes contain such antioxidant as lycopene the amount of which is much more in a tomato soup than in fresh tomatoes, which helps to neutralize rogue molecules called free radicals. Free radicals can greatly damage our bodies’ tissues and have been implicated in cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cataracts, Alzheimer’s disease, etc. And since tomato soup contains much more lycopene than fresh tomatoes, it may also protect against cancer, heart disease and others horrors. That’s why tomato soup can help us to stay healthier 🙂
2.Rich in vitamins – tomatoes contain many vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A which are also excellent antioxidants and even help us to stay younger 🙂
3. Skin protection against UV damage – German and Dutch researchers have found that foods rich in lycopene reduce UV-induced skin damage. In summer, tomato soup can be served cold or a little warm, and in a cold season hot tomato soup with garlic or ginger may help to stay warm.
• Bell peppers
• Chili pepper, garlic or ginger for warming effect
• Olive or avocado oil
• If you cook in a usual pot – some water
How to make Healthy Hot Tomato Soup ?
1. Slice the washed and cleaned tomatoes, bell peppers and onion.
2. Put the prepared vegetables in a steam pot, if you use a usual pot add some water to cover the pot bottom. Vegetables will give their own juice and cook them for about 1-3 minutes in their own juice.
3. Add chopped herbs, garlic or ginger what you better like.
4. Even more delicious if served with organic olive or avocado oil, rye bread and steamed rice!
5. Decorate with herbs if you like 🙂
Enjoy your meal and stay healthy!