Easy Mushroom Soup with Vegetables and Juniper Berries
Healthy and natural recipes for all family on Mamafeed.com. Vegan and vegetarian friendly!
Spicy Mushroom Soup with Vegetables and Juniper Berries
Time of preparation is no more than 5 minutes – saves time for your family!
One of the best ways to avoid nasty bacterial infections in a cold season might be to add helpful spices in your daily food. I like juniper berries all over the year because of their aromatic flavor and much fun to gather them fresh in our local surroundings. Also they can be easily found dried or crushed in a local organic shop.
Together with the special aromatic taste the juniper berries might also like other spices, for example ginger, be very effective in fighting bacteria and viruses that very helpful for us in a cold season.
These spicy, aromatic, dark berries of the juniper tree can be used fresh or dried, crushed or whole, to flavor any of your dish either sweet such as fruitcakes or soups or steamed vegetables, rise etc. I prefer to add juniper berries fresh directly from juniper tree or crunchy dried whole berries.
This spicy mushroom vegetable soup gives you at least 3 main benefits for your health:
1. Impressive antioxidant effect due to the juniper berries’ high levels of unsaturated fats and antioxidants which help to neutralize rogue molecules called free radicals. Free radicals can greatly damage our bodies’ tissues and have been implicated in cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cataracts, Alzheimer’s disease, etc. That’s why this soup can help us to stay healthier 🙂
2. Rich in vitamins and nutrients – Onion, carrot, parsley and broccoli contain many vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A which are also excellent antioxidants and help us to stay even younger. Also, this mushroom soup gives us a living energy because of huge amount of protein in mushrooms
3. Antibacterial and immune system properties provided by juniper berries.
• Juniper berries 20-25 (enough for 3 persons)
• Chili pepper for warming effect (if you like)
• Frozen or fresh mushrooms
• glass of water
How to cook Spicy Mushroom Vegetable Soup with Juniper Berries?
1. Slice the washed and cleaned mushrooms, broccoli and onion (sometimes tears are not so bad, lol).
2. Put the prepared mushrooms in a pot – add some water just to cover the mushrooms inside. Boil them 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the prepared vegetables in a pot. Vegetables will give their own juice so boil them in their own juice for about 1- 2 minutes together with the mushrooms.
4. Add chopped parsley, juniper berries and chili pepper in the cooked vegetables.
5. Even more delicious if served with organic olive oil and steamed rice!
Enjoy your meal and stay healthy!